Another word for creativity is courage.
Are you creative?
In order to be creative, a person needs to be able to view things in new ways or from a different perspective.
I consider myself a creative person. I can come up with really good ideas that are fun and exciting. My creativity takes time though, it happens naturally. I can’t force it in anyway. I always feel that the more I try to think of an idea the harder it is to obtain one. I always let my creativity flow freely.
Creativity can be seen in many forms, even in organizations. We visited a very creative organization call Real Change.
Real Change is an award-winning weekly newspaper that provides immediate employment opportunity for the poor and homeless and takes action for economic, social, and racial justice.
Vendors are able to buy the newspaper for a small fee and then sell them on the streets. The money they make is strictly theirs.
- Courage: Telling the truth and taking risks
- Community: Fostering healthy relationships across differences
- Creativity: Pushing beyond the obvious to promote change
- Compassion: Treating everyone with respect and accepting them as they are
- Integrity: Doing what we say and taking responsibility for our mistakes
Real Change is just one out of many creative organizations in Seattle doing great things.
Where will your creativity lead you?